As a licensed marriage and family therapist, my overarching approach is guided by the wisdom of Carl Rogers, one of the most widely regarded founding fathers of psychotherapy who once wrote "People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, ' Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner'. I don't try to control a sunset, I watch in awe as it unfolds."
Client-centered therapy is based on the belief that human beings have an innate desire and capacity for personal growth and self-healing. Through a holistic and ongoing assessment process, I am able to integrate highly effective therapeutic approaches including Attachment theory, Neuroscience, Intersubjective Systems Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Positive psychology.
My goal is to help those who seek support work through personal challenges and to gain insight on the developmental experiences that shaped the current belief systems about the self and others. Collaboratively we can work towards the emotional growth you desire.
- Masters of Arts in Psychology with and Emphasis on Marriage & Family Therapy - Phillips Graduate University
- Bachelor of Arts - Film Studies & English - University of North Carolina Wilmington
License, Certifications & Awards
- Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern IMF # 84108
- Certified MAP Therapist - Managing and Adapting Practices - Evidence Based Program (2016)
- Domestic Violence Counselor - State Certified (2016)
- Mental Health Accessibility and Efficiency for the LGBTQ Community
- Domestic Violence 40 hour Training – State Certified Domestic Violence Advocate
- Active Parenting Now Leader Training Workshop – Certified Leader
- Behavioral Severity Assessment Program (BSAP) - Assessor
- Seeking Safety Treatment Model: Treatment for Substance Abuse & PTSD
- Trauma-Informed Care Overview Training
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists - CAMFT Member
- Psychology Today Member